Sunday, January 25, 2009

Time to make some noise...

...and blow some piping hot sprite based jet exhaust in Microsoft's face.

Francois Dumas, a longtime addon developer, has started a facebook group called "100,000 Microsoft Flight Simulator Fans" in an effort to show the total fucking idiots at MS just how many of us there are out there that love this sim.

Anyone with a Facebook account can join, it's an open group.

700 people have joined in the last 36 hours, and the list reads like a who's who of the FS community. Quite impressive. :) Peb and I joined tonight.

Here's the link if you want to as well:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=59637588200

It may all be for naught but it's something anyway. The other rather tempting option I guess is to drive to Seattle and punch Ballmer's smug face in.

It *is* only 160 kms away for me.... hmmmmmm. ;)

And yes, my shock has now been replaced with something akin to mild rage, hehe.

-lotus

(wow, 27 joined in the time it took me to write this)

9 comments:

Mugar said...

yay!!! I joined!
However I have to be honest. If this is a way to get the ACES team back on track, I don't think it'll happen through the power of the almighty facebook.
Whatevs!

Lotus / Ramasurinen said...

I don't think it will either.

But I'm all for helping make Microsoft look absolutely stupid, which of course they are.

Florida said...

Here's what I'm doing ... and I think any Flight Simulator fan should also do.

I will not purchase Windows 7 until Microsoft releases FS11.

Anonymous said...

What the he'll is windows 7 anyway? Looks a bit like a rip off of mac GUI really...which I can't operate to save my life...

larueferguson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
larueferguson said...

Just Joined!!!


Window 7 is like Vista, but with out all that crap that makes it slow and buggy.

You can try the beta, I think the Microsoft website has the download, I would try but I don't feel like dual booting my machine.

Misty said...

DAMN! the fsx ride is over? this really bites. if aces makes the game, and can see 40b$ in profits.. why the hell do they need microsoft? just keep going and making the codes and put it out themselves. get off the tit of microsoft. I know they enjoyed the sweet, sweet, nectar of getting paid while taking their time to put out a game, but this will teach them what its like to do everything themselves but the good part is ALL the profits goto them. I mean REALLY......... what does microsoft offer other than a big fat steady check. aces MAKES the game, not microsoft. lotus doesnt get a big fat check every week. hes working hard and hes gonna beat all other addon while hes doing it? give me a break!

-MiSty. Out!

The Black Falkin said...

Saw the entry/'preview' on that L-39 site. Lookin good man. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

stalled at 1,800. Doesn't look good for the facebook signature plan.