Thursday, May 22, 2008

One point frickin oh baby!

Woot. The first pass on the external model of the L-39 is now complete. Everything is textured, everything is animated, everything works. Sweeeeeet.

There are many little tweaks yet to do, and I'll be revisiting several textures and improving them over time, but most of that will come after I tackle the VC. I have a couple weeks before I'm off to Iceland though, so I'll probably do up another paint, something perfectly opposite and complementary to the immaculate C-GOZA. The real plane I replicated with this paint scheme is so clean you could cook your burgers in the tailpipe and use the ailerons for plates. Next up will likely be a low vis (and heavily weathered) Czech air force camo scheme.

Anyway, it's Stella time! Here are some pics of her finished v1.0 form. :) Man do I need a good night's sleep!










8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice trade mark, right on the seat, hehe.

Anonymous said...

Shit on a Stick! Spanky wants it! lol...

Anonymous said...

She sure looks fun to fly! Awesome work Mike!!! :)

Lotus / Ramasurinen said...

Thanks guys. :) And yup, she's a riot in the air, except for knife edge flight, which I tried for the first time last night. It didn't go well haha. No matter, not even touching the flight model anymore until my ride in the real deal in July.

And yeah, I had to get my mark in there somewhere haha, seat headrests seemed ideal.

Cheers!

d0ugi3 said...

You should do a texture like the Vulcans with Lotus films roundels.
And on each missile write ' for teh wingviewer'...'for teh youtubes'...'for pieman'.... ;)

Lotus / Ramasurinen said...

Haha, for pieman. :) I'll definitely be doing a pure lotus films paint job for it, but it'll be the very last one I do.

Anonymous said...

NIce work! Would you mind putting a rear cockpit seat VC?

Lotus / Ramasurinen said...

A fully functional rear cockpit has been part of my plan since day one. There's no point in making a trainer without having two pits and shared cockpit capability. :)