Friday, March 14, 2008

Blackbird Air Miles and Rewards points...

If you've been cruising along with us in the Blackbird round the world tour, or are planning to join us for some of the final legs, please download this file, there's a little present in there for you. :)

Reward File Download

When you get the zip file, extract it into the following location:

(your main FSX folder)\Rewards\

Overwrite your "sandbox_rewards.rwd" with the one in the zip file.

Don't worry it won't mess up your current or future flight rewards or logbook in any way.

Many thanks to Pebble for putting all the hard work into something you will see at some point soon. :) After the run I will post how to collect your reward if it doesn't happen for you automatically.

Cheers,

-lotus

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice badge. Excellent job there Pebble! :)

Lotus / Ramasurinen said...

Went and spoiled the surprise for yourself? ;)

Anonymous said...

Actually, I already knew what it was :)

Anonymous said...

Lotus, Maukings. I've tried to connect directly to your ip but it times out. I have turned off my firewall but nothing. I can login into gamespy though. Any ideas?

Lotus / Ramasurinen said...

No idea man, everyone else is able to connect directly without issue. If your firewall is off you might have the ports FSX needs blocked on your router somehow, though that would also prevent you from connecting to games via gamespy. No clue man, sorry.

Anonymous said...

Gotcha, I'll have to catch you guys when you're back on gamespy. I managed to OC my e6600 to 3.4 on air but haven't seen much improvement. I think the old videocard is now the bottle neck. I also meant to ask you if its normal to have to use rudder during take off. Every single plane seems to drift to the side as it picks up speed on the runway. Even the twin engines.

Lotus / Ramasurinen said...

If your videocard is lower than an nvidia 7900 then yes it'll become the bottleneck on an overclocked 6600. As for rudders, yup you'll have to use it for a couple of reasons. Even twin engine props have engines that rotate the same direction, doubling the torque effect/p-factor. Most aircraft don't use counter-rotating props because it would mean hell when it comes to engine replacements. Only exception is the V-22 Osprey. The other issue is wind. Unless the wind is coming straight at you down the runway then your aircraft will try to weathervane into it all the time. If the wind is coming from the left it'll push your tail to the right and your nose left, and vice versa.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, I wonder, are you using a router when trying to connect to the IP? I had a bit of trouble the first time, but I just turned on Network Discovery and File Sharing and it worked the next time I tried to connect. I dont know if what I did was related or it was just a coincidence (which is probably the case hehe) but it is worth a try anywho. Also thanks for ruining the suprise jet :)